All 2013 meetings and events are held at #4 School House, 565 Main St., Hanson, Massachusetts unless otherwise noted.
MEETING. Thursday, April 4 at 7 P.M.
- Speaker: Sylvia Salas speaking on Fern Hill Cemetery
ANNUAL MEETING & DINNER. Thursday, May 2 at Camp Kiwanee from 6 P.M. until 9 P.M.
- Speaker: Dr. William Hanna speaking on “Life of Lincoln Through Photographs”
- Contact Patty Norton for annual dinner tickets (781) 294-8645
MEETING. Thursday, June 6 at 7 P.M.
- Speaker : Hanover Historical Society’s Executive Director, Rachel Lovett, will delve into the fascinating field of early Colonial Medicine. The talk “Fetch the Doctor: Dr. Gad Hitchcock & Colonial Medicine in Plymouth County” will feature Dr. Gad Hitchcock of Hanson, his Hanover connections, and medical techniques of the late 18th century. Lovett will focus on herbal remedies and how many of these practices still exist today.
STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL PREP NIGHT. Thursday, June 20 at 5:30 P.M.
STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL. Friday, June 21 from 5 P.M. until 8 P.M.
MEETING. August 1 at 7 P.M.
- Speaker: TBD
MEETING. Thursday, September 5 at 7 P.M.
- Speaker: Stephen Kemmett Speaking on: “Rakes, Rogues & Villian, Criminals & Outcasts of early Plymouth”
HARVEST FAIR AND CRAFT FAIR. Saturday, September 21 from 9 A.M. until 3 P.M.
- Contact Hanson Historical Society president Patty Norton if you are interested in a booth: (781) 294-8645 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MEETING. Thursday, October 3 at 7 P.M.
- Speaker: TBD.
MEETING AND POT LUCK DINNER. Thursday, November 7 at the Nathaniel Thomas Mill [Liberty St., Hanson] at 6:30 P.M.